Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Glassonby Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Glassonby Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Glassonby Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Glassonby Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Blencathra View 1144845 II    
Byres and Storehouse, East of Old Hall Farmhouse (Glassonby Hall on Os Map) 1144848 II    
Church of St John 1327034 II 1868 Gamblesby. Former church.
Church of St Michael 1144844  II* C16th  Near Glassonby
Churchyard Gates, Gate Piers and Wall, North East of Church of St Michael 1137265 II    
Former House and Stable, Behind the Red Lion Inn 1144846 II    
Green Edge 1137279 II    
Hearse House and Stables to North East of Church of St Michael 1327033 II    
Hillcrest 1137288 II    
House North East of Home Farmhouse 1144849 II    
Keeper's Cottage and Outbuildings to Rear 1137295 II    
Milestone East of Hartside Cafe 1327032 II    
Milestone West of Meathaw Hill 1137257 II    
Outbuilding to East of White House Farmhouse 1137290  II*    
Red Lion House 1137274 II    
St Martins Cottage and Adjoining Barn 1144847 II    
Town End Farmhouse 1137270 II    
Unthank Farmhouse 1312376 II    
Village Stocks 1327035 II C17th Gamblesby
Round cairn including prehistoric carved stone 620m north west of Glassonby 1012824 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Little Meg round cairn 1007627 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Cross in St Michael's churchyard, Addingham 1012823 n/a C10th Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Glassonby Civil Parish Village Stocks, Gamblesby Addingham Cross Church of St Michael, Glassonby Old Church of St John, Gamblesby
Old Church of St John, Gamblesby
  Co-Curate Page
Old Church of St John, Gamblesby
- Overview About Old St John's Church Map Street View St John's Church in Gamblesby was built in 1868, designed in the 'Gothic Revival' style by C.J. Ferguson. It was originally built as ...
Village Stocks, Gamblesby
  Co-Curate Page
Village Stocks, Gamblesby
- Overview Map Street View The village stocks in Gamblesby date from the late 17th century. They are wrought iron on a red sandtone base. The stocks are Grade II listed ...
Church of St Michael, Glassonby
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Michael, Glassonby
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St Michael and All Angels is located about half a mile south-west of the village of Glassonby in Cumbria. It was the parish ...
Addingham Cross
  Co-Curate Page
Addingham Cross
- The 'Addingham Cross' is a late 10th or early 11th century Saxon stone cross in the churchyard of St Michael's Church, Glassonby. The cross was originally located in the churchyard ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES