List number: 1371411
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ3198081346

High Light, Lighthouse, Blyth


The High Light in Blyth was built  c.1788 and worked in conjunction with the Low light (rebuilt 1936). It was heightened twice and the light was in use until 1985. The High Light is located approximately 100 metres from the current quay (possibly nearer the old quay before land was reclaimed) in the back lane behind Bath Terrace. The lighthouse is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Blyth Lighthouse

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blyth high lighthouse

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The old lighthouse at Blyth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The High Light Blyth Northumberland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
High Light (Lighthouse Attached to Rear Wing of Number 8)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
HIGH LIGHT (LIGHTHOUSE ATTACHED TO REAR WING OF NUMBER 8) - List Entry
- "Lighthouse, 1780-90, heightened twice in later C19/early C20. C18 part squared stone, upper parts brick, colour-washed. Slightly-tapered circular tower....The lighthouse was worked in conjunction with the Low Light ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
High Light, Blyth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. You can login with Twitter, Google, Co-Curate or Newcastle University accounts.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES