Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Allendale Civil Parish > High Forest and Low Forest (Allendale), 1848

High Forest and Low Forest (Allendale), 1848


FOREST, HIGH and LOW, two grieveships, in the parish of Allendale, union of Hexham, S. division of Tindale ward and of Northumberland; containing respectively 1,600 and 297 inhabitants.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Allendale Civil Parish Allendale Parish, 1848 Church of St Peter in The Forest, Spartylea
Church of St Peter in The Forest, Spartylea
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Peter in The Forest, Spartylea
- St Peter's Church in Spartylea, now converted into a private residence, was built in 1825. It replaced an earlier church of 1701. The church was known as  St Peter's in The ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES