Topics > Northumberland > Blyth > Former Harbour Commissioner's Offices

Former Harbour Commissioner's Offices

The former Harbour Commissioner's Offices are located on the corner of Bridge Street and Plessey Road in Blyth. They were built in 1913 by Cackett and Burns Dick of Newcastle.  Inside the buildings are panels of Dutch glazed tiles, which were taken from the S.S. Walmer Castle, built in 1902 by Messrs. Harland and Wolff and broken up at Blyth in 1932. The building is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Blyth Bridge Street, Blyth 1913 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Blyth Blyth Harbour
from Flickr (flickr)
Blyth Harbour Commissioners Office

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blyth Harbour Commissioner's Offices, Bridge Street, Blyth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Former-Blyth-Harbour-Commissioners-D-17-August-2017 - Copy

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Former-Blyth-Harbour-Commissioners-H-17-August-2017 - Copy

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
- "...Harbour Commissioners' Offices GV II Harbour Commissioners' Offices, 1913 by Cackett and Burns Dick of Newcastle. Ground floor ashlar, with channeled rustication, upper floors brick in Flemish bond with ashlar …

Added by
Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

List number: 1041341
List grade: 2
Post code: NE24 2AN
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NZ3176981590


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.