HARBOUR COMMISSIONERS OFFICES - Blyth - List Entry

  • Description

    "...Harbour Commissioners' Offices GV II Harbour Commissioners' Offices, 1913 by Cackett and Burns Dick of Newcastle. Ground floor ashlar, with channeled rustication, upper floors brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings; Lakeland slate roof. 3-storey facade in 3 sections: left 5-bay part fronting Bridge Street, right 3-bay part fronting Plessey Road, and 3-bay curved centre with entrance. Moulded plinth, 1st floor band, alternating raised quoins and modillion eaves cornice. Central panelled double doors in keyed moulded surround; flanking bays with oval geometrically-glazed windows in moulded surrounds draped by garlands, all within Roman Doric blind arcade with paired columns...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1041341
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 159 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES