Topics > Cumbria > Barton > Glebe Farmhouse, Barton

Glebe Farmhouse, Barton


Glebe Farmhouse in Barton, Cumbria, was originally the rectory for St Michael's Church. It was built in 1637 for the Rev L. Dawes. A panel above the front door is inscribed: "LD/ NON MIHI SED/SUCCESSORIBUS/1637".[1] Glebe Farmhouse is a Grade II* listed building.

Barton Historic Buildings and Monuments in Barton Civil Parish 1637
from Geograph (geograph)
Glebe Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Inscription, Glebe Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
GLEBE FARMHOUSE - Barton - List Entry
- "House. 1637. For Rev L Dawes as rectory. Roughcast stone and slate roof. North-west elevation of 2 storeys and 4 bays, the 2nd bay forming 2-storey gabled porch with lean-to ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1336948
List grade: 2*
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY4860626386

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES