Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Barton Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Barton Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Barton Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Barton Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Barn Immediately North of Mains Farmhouse 1326810 II    
Barn Immediately to North West of Elderbeck 1337664 II    
Barton Church Farmhouse 1145234  II*    
Barton Hall 1145227 II    
Boundary Post 1145235 II    
Boundary Post at NY 450 210 1145264 II    
Brewsher Monument Approximately 5.5 Metres to South of St Michael's Church 1145231 II    
Celleron Cottage 1336952 II    
Church of St Michael 1326830  I C12th  
Cross Dormont Farmhouse and Attached Barn 1123710 II    
Elderbeck and Cottage 1145265 II    
Farm Building Immediately to Southwest of Mains Farmhouse 1111764 II    
Glasson Monument Approximately 10 Metres to North East of St Michael's Church 1145229 II    
Glebe Farmhouse 1336948  II* 1637  
High Brow 1336939 II    
Kirkbarrow 1145268 II    
Limekiln Approximately 60 Metres East of Winder Hall Cottage 1145237 II    
Low Brown Farmhouse 1145236 II    
Mains Farmhouse 1110846 II    
Moorend Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings 1326809 II    
Mounting Block Immediately to North of Church of St Michael 1145228 II    
Nicholson Monument Approximately 3.5 Metres to South of St Michael's Church 1326832 II    
Nicholson Monument Approximately 6 Metres to South of St Michael's Church 1326833 II    
Pooley Bridge (That Part in Barton CP) 1145267 II 1764 Destroyed by Storm Desmond in 2015
Range of Farm Buildings Attached to Barton Church Farmhouse 1336950 II    
Roehead and Attached Outbuildings 1337463 II    
Rowan Monument Approximately 13.5 Metres South of St Michaels Church 1111779 II    
Seat Farmhouse, Cottage and Attached Barn 1145266 II    
Sisson Monument Approx 17.5 Metres Approximately to South of St Michael's Church 1145233 II    
Speight Monument Approximately 11.5 Metres to South of St Michaels Church 1145230 II    
Suder Monument Approximately 17 Metres to South of St Michael's Church 1145232 II    
Todd Monument Approximately 7 Metres South of St Michael's Church (Qv) 1111778 II    
Todd Monument immediately to south of chancel of Church of St Michael 1326831 II    
Walker Monument Approximately 9 Metres South of St Michaels Church 1326834 II    
Waterside House 1124186 II    
Winder Hall 1111902 II    
Winder Hall Cottage and Barn 1326836 II    
Small stone circle on Swarth Fell 1007357 n/a   Scheduled Monument
The Cockpit stone circle and seven adjacent clearance cairns, Moor Divock 1007367 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Two round cairns 415m and 420m NNE of The Cockpit, Moor Divock 1007372 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Moated site and annexe south of Gale Bay 1007405 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Four funerary cairns and a surrounding cairnfield on Threepow Raise 1007356 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn on Heughscar Hill 1011589 n/a   Scheduled Monument
High Street, Roman road 1003275 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Dalemain (park) 1000663  II*   Listed Park and Garden

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Church of St Michael, Barton
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Michael, Barton
- Overview About St Michael's Church Map Street View   St Michael's Church is in the parish of Barton, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery ...
Glebe Farmhouse, Barton
  Co-Curate Page
Glebe Farmhouse, Barton
- Overview Map Street View Glebe Farmhouse in Barton, Cumbria, was originally the rectory for St Michael's Church. It was built in 1637 for the Rev L. Dawes. A panel above ...
Bridge (1764 - 2015), Pooley Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Bridge (1764 - 2015), Pooley Bridge
- The old stone bridge over the River Eamont at Pooley Bridge, built in 1764, was washed away by floodwater following 'Storm Desmond' on the 6th of December 2015. A temporary ...
The Cockpit Stone Circle, near Pooley Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
The Cockpit Stone Circle, near Pooley Bridge
-

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES