Fowberry is a hamlet situated by the River Till in Northumberland, located about 3 miles east of Wooler and a mile north-west of Chatton. There was once a more substantial village here, first recorded in 1242, but this suffered a major raid by the Scots in 1532. There was a pele tower here, incorporated into a lager tower house by the Fowberry family in the 16th century. Fowberry Tower was purchased by Sir Francis Blake in 1776 and remodelled and extended into alarge country house. The Blake family sold Fowberry Tower to Matthew Culley (1st secretary to the Board of Agriculture) in 1809, who built Fowberry Bridge in 1825. As well as Fowberry Tower and it's former Stable Block there are cottages and two former gatehouses in the settlement.
FOWBERRY, a township, in the parish of Chatton, union of Glendale, E. division of Glendale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3 miles (E.N.E.) from Wooler; comprising about 1,260 acres of land. Good freestone is obtained in Fowberry Park, and a considerable quantity of wood is grown on the estate. Fowberry Tower, standing pleasantly on the south side of the Till rivulet, was formerly the property of Sir Francis [Blake]*, of whom it was purchased by Matthew Culley, Esq. The tithes have been commuted for £150 payable to the impropriators, and £79. 7. 4. to the vicar. In 1532 this place was plundered by the Scots.