Fowberry (Tillside)

  • Description

    "This is the site of the deserted medieval village of Fowberry. It was first mentioned in an historical document of 1242. It decreased greatly in size and by 1769 it was only shown as a small hamlet on a map. Nothing can be seen here today, although the site is believed to be close to Weetwood Hall......"
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N3336
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 119 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES