Topics > Cumbria > Whitehaven > Former Methodist Church, Lowther St, Whitehaven
Former Methodist Church, Lowther St, Whitehaven
This former Methodist Church is located on the corner of Lowther Street and Scotch Street in Whitehaven. It was built in 1877 by T. L. Banks, in a Late Gothic style, incorporating pink sandstone in crazy-paving patterns. To the rear of the building is a former Sunday School building, later used as a Quaker Meeting House. The Methodist Church closed in the 1990s. The former church and Sunday School are Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.
Add a comment or share a memory.