Deanham Township, 1848
DEANHAM, a township, in the parish of Hartburn, union of Morpeth, N.E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12½ miles (W. by S.) from Morpeth; containing 43 inhabitants. It was anciently designated Danum, Denome, Deneham, etc.; and notice of it first occurs in 1207, when King John confirmed to the monks of Tynemouth the ville of Bilesho, and the land of Role and Danum. Mention is made of the Deanham colliery and the glass clay there, in the 10th of William III. The township consists of the places called Old and New Deanham and Scarlethall, and comprises 740 acres, of which 444 are arable, 293 pasture, and 2½ woodland; it is the property of Lord Decies, who pays a rent-charge of £94 to the vicar of Hartburn.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.