Topics > Tees Valley > Middlesbrough > North Ormesby > Church of the Holy Trinity, North Ormesby

Church of the Holy Trinity, North Ormesby


Holy Trinity Church in North Ormesby was built from 1868-1869, designed by William White in the Early English style. The tower, which is a prominent local landmark, was added in 1880-1881. The nave and chancel were gutted by fire in 1977, and the remains of nave arcades can still be seen in the restored church. The church is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.
North Ormesby 1869 Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Middlesbrough
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
North Ormseby War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
North Ormesby market

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Telephone Box, North Ormesby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - North Ormesby - List Entry
- "Church, 1868/69, with tower 1880/81, by William White (London); Allison Bros., builders. Extended 1879 by Armfield and Bottomley; Lady chapel 1925; south-west porch 1929. Nave and chancel gutted ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1139850
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ5097419952
District: Tees Valley

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES