CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - North Ormesby - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, 1868/69, with tower 1880/81, by William White (London); Allison Bros., builders. Extended 1879 by Armfield and Bottomley; Lady chapel 1925; south-west porch 1929. Nave and chancel gutted by fire 1977. Brick; Welsh slate roof. South-west tower, remains of nave arcades, north and south aisles and porch. Early English style. Double-chamfered plinth, angle buttresses and buttresses between bays. 5-stage tower has slightly-projecting west porch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 221 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.