List number: 1229016
List grade: 2
Post code: DL14 0AR
Grid ref: NZ1478431286

Church of St Philip and St James, Witton-le-Wear


St Phillip and St. James' Church is the parish church of Witton-le-Wear. The medieval church here was rebuilt by C. Hodgson Fowler from 1896 to 1902.[1] The Church is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
St. Philip and St. James Church : Witton-le-Wear

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church Witton-le-Wear

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES - Witton-le-Wear - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1896-1902 rebuilding of medieval church by C. Hodgson Fowler. Snecked sandstone with ashlar dressings; roof of plain tiles has stone gable copings, cross finials and bellcote. Porch roof ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES