CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES - Witton-le-Wear - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1896-1902 rebuilding of medieval church by C. Hodgson Fowler. Snecked sandstone with ashlar dressings; roof of plain tiles has stone gable copings, cross finials and bellcote. Porch roof of Welsh slates. Nave, north aisle and south porch; chancel and north vestry. Open 2-centred arch with hollow-moulded broach-stopped reveal contains moulded arch on half-octagonal shafts....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1229016
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 23 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES