Historic Buildings and Monuments in Witton-le-Wear
Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Witton-le-Wear, County Durham, from the the National Heritage List for England. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.
|14 and 15, Post Office Street||1229024||II|
|Church of St Philip and St James||1229016||II||1902||Medieval site|
|Cross About 3 Metres South of Church of St Philip and St James||1229018||II|
|Gate Piers at Entrance to Witton Wear||1279276||II|
|Milestone North of Witton Le Wear||1228803||II|
|Post Office||1229324||II||c.1840||Former post office|
|Tomb of Newby Lowson North of Church of St Philip and St James||1279278||II|
|Witton Bridge||1121837||II*||1788||Road bridge over the River Wear.|
Note: Witton Castle (Grade II* listed) is listed seperately as it is located in the Civil Parish of Evenwood and Barony.
Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.