Topics > Cumbria > Langwathby > Church of St Peter, Langwathby

Church of St Peter, Langwathby


St Peter's Church is located between Salkeld Road and Back Lane, by the Village Green, in Langwathby. The red sandstone Parish Church was built in the 13th century, with 15th century alterations, and was partly rebuilt in 1718. St Peter's Church is a Grade II* listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Langwathby Grade II* Listed Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Langwathby Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
St Peter's Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Village Green and church, Langwathby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Benchmark bracket on St Peter's Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST PETER - Langwathby - List Entry
- "Parish church. C13 with C15 alterations, partly rebuilt in 1718 (dated with plaque and churchwarden's names) with porch dated 1836. Red sandstone rubble walls, the 1718 walls of dressed ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.achurchnearyou....
St Peter's, Langwathby

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1145310
List grade: 2*
Post code: CA10 1NH
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY5690433730

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES