List number: 1322768
List grade: 2
Post code: DL12 0RL
Grid ref: NY9477025639

Church of St Mary, Middleton-in-Teesdale


The Church of St Mary in Middleton-in-Teesdale was built in 1878 by C. Hodgson Fowler, on the site of a 13th century church.[1] The church has an historic bell tower, built alongside the former medieval church, which contains three ancient bells. The oldest bell is dated 1557.[2] The church is a Grade II Listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Discarded stone window, graveyard of St Mary's Church, Middleton-in-Teesdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Middleton churchyard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST MARY - Middleton-in-Teesdale
- "Parish church. 1878 by C. Hodgson Fowler on medieval church site. Squared sandstone in courses of varied thickness with quoins and ashlar dressings; roof of graduated grey/green slates with ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.upperteesdalechu...
Upper Teesdale Churches Together
- Cross-denominational organisation with details of churches in Upper Teesdale.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES