Topics > Cumbria > Harrington > Church of St Mary, Harrington

Church of St Mary, Harrington


St Mary's , on Church Road, is the Parish Church in Harrington. The church was built in 1885 on the site of a medieval church. The building reuses the 12th century tower arch and two medieval graveslabs are built into north wall of the nave. The church tower was added from 1905-1907.[1] St Mary's Church is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Harrington War Memorial, Harrington Churches and Cathedrals 1885
from Geograph (geograph)
The Parish Church of St Mary, Harrington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Parish Church of St Mary's, Harrington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Parish church, Harrington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Parish Church of St Mary, Harrington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST MARY - Harrington, Cumbria - List Entry
- "Parish Church. 1885 on medieval site with 1905-7 tower. Quarry-faced pink St Bees sandstone with calciferous sandstone quoins and red sandstone dressings. Graduated Welsh slate roof with coped gables and ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1327187
List grade: 2
Post code: CA14 5PR
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NX9942625701

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES