CHURCH OF ST MARY - Harrington, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. 1885 on medieval site with 1905-7 tower. Quarry-faced pink St Bees sandstone with calciferous sandstone quoins and red sandstone dressings. Graduated Welsh slate roof with coped gables and cross finial. 6-bay nave with square 3-storey west tower and 4-bay chancel with north vestry....Interior of porch has C14 octagonal font with later incised date 1634. Royal Arms dated 1810. Reused C12 tower arch. Nave has 2 medieval graveslabs built into north wall. Open timber roof. Late C19 and early C20 stained glass. Fragment of C10 cross...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1327187
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 11 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 99 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES