Topics > County Durham > Eldon > Church of St Mark, Eldon

Church of St Mark, Eldon


St Mark's Church in Eldon, County Durham, was built in 1877. The church is located to the west of the village, and a short distance east of the separate settlement of Eldon Lane. The churchyard includes a War Memorial which commemorates the 133 men of the former Eldon District (which included Eldon, Old Eldon, and Eldon Lane) who lost their lives in the First World War and 37 men who died in the Second World War.

Eldon 1877
from Geograph (geograph)
St Mark's parish church, Eldon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
A Boer War memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St. Mark's Church, Eldon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.facebook.com/St...
Facebook - St Marks Church, Eldon
- Facebook page of St Marks Church, Eldon

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
Eldon War Memorial
- "The Eldon war memorial was erected as a memorial to the 133 men of the Eldon District (Eldon, Old Eldon, and Eldon Lane) who fell during the First World War ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES