Topics > Cumbria > Cleator > Church of St Leonard, Cleator

Church of St Leonard, Cleator


St Leonard's Church is located on Church Road in Cleator. There has been a church here since at least the 12th century, possibly earlier. The church was largely rebuilt in 1841, but retains it's 12th century chancel.[1] Today, the church is part of the Crosslacon Team Ministry. St Leonard's Church is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.
Cleator Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Cleator Moor Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
St Leonard's Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St Leonard's Church, Cleator

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST LEONARD - Cleator - List Entry
- "Parish Church. C12 chancel, raised in late C18; rest of church rebuilt 1841. Western baptistry, north porch, and vestry added c1903 (date in spandrels to porch door) by J.H ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://crosslacon.net/
Crosslacon Team Ministry
- "...Our churches serve a number of communities on the western edge of the fells. In the Crosslacon team we have: St Michael’s church, which serves the villages of Arlecdon ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1336033
List grade: 2
Post code: CA23 3DB
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY0142213468

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES