Topics > Northumberland > Acklington > Church of St John The Divine

Church of St John The Divine


The Parish Church of St John the Divine in Acklington was built in 1860. It was designed by James Deason, for the Duke of Northumberland. The church is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Acklington Lych Gate, St John's Church Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings in Acklington Civil Parish 1860
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St John The Divine, Acklington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St John the Divine, Acklington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE DIVINE - Acklington - List Entry
- "Parish Church. 1860 by James Deason, for the Duke of Northumberland. Snecked tooled stone with ashlar dressings; graduated Lakeland slate roofs. 4-bay nave with north and south porches; chancel with ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Lych Gate, St John's Church
  Co-Curate Page
Lych Gate, St John's Church
- Overview Map Street View The oak framed lych gate to St John the Divine's Church in Ackington was built to commemorate those in the parish who were lost in the ...
from Geograph (geograph)
The Parish Church of St John The Divine, Acklington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1371111
List grade: 2
Post code: NE65 9BL
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NU2272601894

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES