Church of St. Helen, Longhorsley


The current building of St Helen's Church on West Road in Longhorsely was the former village school which was built in 1848. The school was converted to use as a church in 1966 when the old Norman parish church was abandoned due to a lack of facilities and the need for extensive renovation. In 1981 the porch of the old church (from 1783) was dismantled and rebuilt on the west end of the new church and is now its main entrance.[1] The current church is a Grade 2 Listed Building. 

from Geograph (geograph)
St Helens Church, Longhorsley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.sthlonghorsley.o...
St. Helen's Church Longhorsley
- Official Website of the church.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Helen's Church, Longhorsley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Helens Church and Old School

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Helen's Church, Longhorsley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST HELEN - Longhorsely - List Entry

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES