List number: 1041345
List grade: 2*
Grid ref: NZ3178281469

Church of St. Cuthbert, Blyth


The Church of St. Cuthbert in Blyth, Northumberland was built in 1892. It replaced an earlier church built in 1751; at that time Blyth was part of the Parish of Earsdon. However, as the population Blyth grew the Ridley family built a Chapel of Ease at Blyth in 1751. Blyth became a parish independent of Earsdon in 1883. The present church, dedicated to St Cuthbert, is a Grade II* listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
St Cuthbert's Parish Church, Blyth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Cuthbert's Parish Church, Blyth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.blythchurches.co...
St Cuthberts Church
- Website of the church as part of Churches Together in Blyth. "Our church was first established in 1751 and the present church in 1892. We have a modern thriving community ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Entrance to St. Cuthbert's Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Blyth - List Entry
- "Parish church, 1884-93 by W.S. Hicks. Snecked tooled stone with ashlar dressings; except for porch, oak on stone base. Lakeland slate roof. Cruciform plan with western porch to narthex ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES