from Geograph (geograph)
St Barnabas' Church, Great Strickland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Great Strickland Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS - Great Strickland - List Entry
- "Church (Anglican). 1870, by George Watson of Penrith. Local ironstone rubble with Stanton sandstone dressings; slate roof Nave and chancel under uninterrupted roof with fleche above chancel arch;....Hammerbeam roof ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://northwestmorlandchu...
St Barnabas Great Strickland
- "St Barnabas’ church was built on a raised site at the East end of the village in 1870 by George Watson of Penrith, using fine local sandstone and Stainton sandstone ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.visitcumbria.co...
Great Strickland – St Barnabus’ Church
- " St Barnabus’ church was built in 1870-71 by George Watson of Penrith, using fine local sandstone and Stainton sandstone. The steeply pitched roof supports an elm framed bell turret...."

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1268380
List grade: 2
Post code: CA10 3DR
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY5620522997

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES