St Barnabas Great Strickland

  • Description

    "St Barnabas’ church was built on a raised site at the East end of the village in 1870 by George Watson of Penrith, using fine local sandstone and Stainton sandstone. The steeply pitched roof supports an elm framed bell turret. It is now a Grade II listed building. The Church is simply furnished with pine pews and choir stalls and has a very nice font (see right). It has just two stained glass windows; ‘The Crucifixion’ by Shrigley and Hunt, in the East Apse, and...."
  • Owner

    North Westmorland Churches
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/the-churches/st-barnabas-great-strickland/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 week, 5 days ago
    Viewed: 11 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES