Topics > Cumbria > Middleton > Church of Holy Ghost, Middleton

Church of Holy Ghost, Middleton


The Church of the Holy Ghost at Middleton in Cumbria was built from 1878 to 1879, designed by C.J. Ferguson.[1] It replaced an earlier church on this site, which had been built in 1634 as a chapel of ease to the parish church at Kirby Lonsdale, on ground donated by Christopher Bainbridge.[2] The church is a Grade II listed building.

Middleton Churches and Cathedrals 1879 Middleton, Westmorland, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Stained glass window

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Font

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Altar

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Pulpit

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Middleton church and grave yard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Doorway

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Stained glass window

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Stained glass window

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF HOLY GHOST - Middleton, Cumbria - List Entry
- "Church. 1878-9. By C.J. Ferguson. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roof with tile crest. Single vessel nave and chancel with small north vestry. Coped gables with crosses ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.visitcumbria.co...
Middleton – Holy Ghost Church
- "The church (chapel) was designed by C.J. Ferguson, and built in 1878, 1879. There has been a church on this site from 1634, and when it was replaced, it ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of the Holy Ghost, Middleton, Graveyard

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of Holy Ghost (dedication)

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Churchyard at Middleton

Pinned by Edmund Anon

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1086865
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: SD6230786191

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES