Topics > Cumbria > Distington > Chapel House, Common End

Chapel House, Common End


Chapel House at Common End, Distington, is a former Primitive Methodist Chapel, which was built in 1838.[1] The chapel, sometimes referred to as 'Sunny Brow Chapel', was closed by 1980 and was converted for residential use.[2] The former chapel is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED AD MDCCCXXXVIII

Distington 1838 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Distington Civil Parish Former Church Methodism
from Geograph (geograph)
Chapel House, Common End

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.myprimitivemeth...
Distington Sunny Brow/Common End Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cumberland
- "Sunny Brow chapel was built of stone in 1839 at a cost of £108. In 1851 there were 58 free and 52 free other sittings but by 1863 there were ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
METHODIST CHAPEL, AREA WALL AND CENTRAL GATE - Distington - List Entry
- "Methodist Chapel, disused at time of survey (January 1984). Stone tablet over door inscribed and dated, with text, PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED AD MDCCCXXXVIII. Snecked rubble. Graduated slate roof. Single ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES