Castle Head Bridge, Grange-over-Sands
Bridge over the River Winster, with sluice gates. c1800. Limestone ashlar and rubble, with iron railings on north parapet. Has 2 segmental arches , with cutwaters projecting to north and south which have slots for sluice gates. John Wilkinson (1728-1808) the ironmaster, who owned the Castle Head estate, carried out a scheme of land drainage and improvement from 1778 onwards.[Historic England] The bridge is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.