BRUNSTOCK, a township, in the parish of Crosby-upon-Eden, union of Carlisle, Eskdale ward, E. division of Cumberland, 2¾ miles (N.E. by E.) from Carlisle; containing 75 inhabitants.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Brunstock is a hamlet in the civil parish of Stanwix Rural, in the Carlisle district, in the county of Cumbria, England. Circa 1870, it had a population of 84 as recorded in the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales.
It is a few miles away from the small city of Carlisle and near the River Eden, there is also Brunstock Beck nearby.
Nearby settlements include the city of Carlisle, the commuter village of Houghton, the hamlets of Linstock, Whiteclosegate, Tarraby and Park Broom.
For transport there is the A689 road about an eighth of a mile away and the B6264 and M6 motorway nearby. There is also the Carlisle railway station a few miles away, which is on the Settle-Carlisle Line.