Brampton is a village in the Eden district of Cumbria, just over 2 miles north of Appleby-in-Westmorland and a mile south east of the village of Long Marton. Not to be confused with the town of Brampton near Carlisle.
BRAMPTON, a township, in the parish of Long Martin, East ward and union, county of Westmorland, 2½ miles (N.) from Appleby; containing 304 inhabitants. The tithes have been commuted for £165, and there is a glebe of nearly 40 acres.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Brampton is a village in the Eden district, in the county of Cumbria, England. The nearest town is Appleby-in-Westmorland.
Circa 1870, it had a population of 304 as recorded in the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales.