BLAWITH, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale north of the Sands, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 7 miles (N.) from Ulverston; containing 186 inhabitants. Portions of the manors of Ulverston, Egton with Newland, Torver, and Conishead, constitute this township. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £59; patron and impropriator, T. R. G. Braddyll, Esq. The chapel existed in 1715. In 1772 Margaret Lancaster bequeathed £50, and in 1777 William Lancaster gave £110, for the support of a school.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.