Blawith

  • Description

    "Chapelry and township in Ulverston parish, Lonsdale hundred, Lancashire North of the Sands. Combined with Subberthwaite to form Blawith and Subberthwaite CP1986....granted to William de Lancaster, baron of Kendal, c. 1160; held jointly by manor of Ulverston and Conishead Priory from 1189; annexed to Duchy of Lancaster 1536; purchased 1736 by duke of Montagu, from whom it descended to dukes of Buccleuch...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/blawith
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 171 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES