Blagill is a hamlet in the Eden district of Cumbria, located about 1½ miles north east of Alston and 3½ miles north west of Nenthead. It is situated by Blaghill Burn, which joins the River Nent to the south of Blagill. The B6294 road has a sharp bend as it traverses the valley of Blaghill Burn, by which is a minor road which runs south from the B6294. Blaghill Farm and cottages are located by the junction of these roads. One of the farm buildings is dated 1713. Hilltop (cottage) and Corby Gates Farm are located off the B6294 above Blaghill Farm. Just over half mile further north, by the source of the burn, is Blaghillhead Farm. There is a strong history of lead/zinc mining in the area; Blagill Mill for smelting was built at the beginning of the 18th century, and used by the London Lead Company. There was also coal mining; Blagill Colliery (closed in 1952) and later Blaghill drift mine. Blagill is part of Alston Moor Civil Parish.