Church of St Mary, Westmorland Road, Elswick


St. Mary the Virgin Church was located on Westmorland Road, near the junction with Rye Hill in Elswick. The church was designed by Benjamin Green, 1858.[1] The church is no longer there, but the St Mary's name is still present in St Mary's Hospital and St Mary's Almshouses in the immediate vicinity of where the church was.
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
046901:St. Mary the Virgin Westmorland Road/Rye Hill Elswick Unknown c.1905

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St Mary the Virgin, Elswick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES