1769


< 1768 | 1769 | 1770 >

In Northern England:

The Chirton to North Shields waggonway was opened in 1769 along the side of Pow Dene.

from Flickr (flickr)
ROKEBY PARK

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.newcastle-arts-c...
Pow Dene - A Forgotten Jewel
- "The mouth of Pow Dene is now North Shields Fish Quay and it has always been the first safe harbour on the north side of the river. Here two ancient ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Church of St Andrew, Shotley Low Quarter
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Andrew, Shotley Low Quarter

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES