List number: 1371407
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ3205879687

WW1 Searchlight Emplacements, Blyth


Two defence electric light emplacements from the First World War located on the Links at Blyth. The emplacements were operated by an E.L.O. (Electric Light Officer) in a director station at Link House Battery, and powered by an engine house 50m to the west (now a public lavatory).[1] The emplacements are Grade II listed buildings.

from https://historicengland.org...
2 DEFENCE ELECTRIC LIGHT EMPLACEMENTS TO EAST OF LINK HOUSE
- "Defence Electric light emplacements, to east of Link House GV II Defence electric light emplacements, 1914-19. Reinforced concrete and steel, with some brick, whitewashed. Two small rectangular buildings 20 metres ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
WW2 searchlight batteries at South Beach, Blyth

Pinned by Peter Smith

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES