Warenton Township, 1848
WARRENTON, a township, in the parish, and N. division of the ward, of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Northumberland, 2 miles (S.) from Belford, on the road to Alnwick; containing 163 inhabitants. It comprises about 1,380 acres, mostly arable; the remainder is pasture, with 90 acres of plantation. The surface is undulated, the soil light and gravelly, and coal and freestone are wrought.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.