Warenford Township, 1848
WARENFORD, or Warrington, a township, in the chapelry of Lucker, parish of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 4 miles (S.E. by S.) from Belford, on the road to Alnwick; containing 41 inhabitants. The village was formerly considerable, and, though now very small, has been much improved: the Waren burn passes in the vicinity, crossing the great north road. There is a place of worship for Presbyterians; also a school built in 1839.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.