Topics > Cumbria > Ullermire

Ullermire


Ullermire is a hamlet in the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, located to the west of the village of Hethersgill and about 7½ miles north-east of the centre of Carlisle. Chapel House here, incorporates a former Wesleyan chapel of 1833; it was replaced by a new and larger Wesleyan chapel at Hethersgill, which opened in 1901. Ullermire forms part of the Civil Parish of Hethersgill.

Cumbria Hethersgill Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
Cottages at Ullermire

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Houses at Ullermire

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Chapel House, Ullermire

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Porch to the former chapel at Ullermire

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.mywesleyanmetho...
Nether House (Ullermire) WM Chapel, Cumberland
- "Nether House chapel was built in 1833 at a cost of £100. The date plaque reads “Wesleyan Methodist Chapel built 1833“. The returns of 1851 omitted the number of sittings ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES