Hethersgill is a village in the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, located about 8 miles north-east of the centre of Carlisle. St Mary's Church here was built in 1876. Historically, Hethersgill was a township in the ancient parish of Kirklinton in Cumberland. Today, the village forms part of the wider Civil Parish of Hethersgill.
HETHERSGILL, a township, in the parish of Kirk-Linton, union of Longtown, Eskdale ward, E. division of Cumberland, 6 miles (N.W.) from the town of Brampton; containing 799 inhabitants.