Topics > Cumbria > Hethersgill > Old Wesleyan Chapel, Hethersgill

Old Wesleyan Chapel, Hethersgill


This former Wesleyan (Methodist) Chapel in Hethersgill was built in 1901, replacing an earlier Wesleyan chapel of 1833 at nearby Ullermire.[1] The chapel closed in 1979 and has subsequently been converted for residential use.

Hethersgill Private Residence Former Church 1901
from Geograph (geograph)
The old Wesleyan Chapel, Hethersgill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hethersgill Wesleyan Church - August 2016 (1)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hethersgill Wesleyan Church - August 2016 (2)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Former Methodist Church, Hethersgill, Doorway

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.mywesleyanmetho...
Hethersgill WM Chapel, Cumberland
- "Hethersgill Chapel was built of stone and provided seating for 135. It cost of £1100 and opened in 1900. The site had been provided by an unnamed donor and the ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES