Tughall is a small rural village in the parish of Beadnell in Northumberland. It is located just over a mile from the coast and about 2 miles south-west of Beadnell, 5 miles south of Bambrough, and 8 miles north of Alnwick. There are the remains of a deserted medieval village and chapel in Tughall. During the 19th century Tughall was a prosperous agricultural community, centred around Tuggal Hall. Today some of the farm buildings are converted for tourist accommodation, though agriculture remains important in the area. The former Brunton Airfield is located immediately west of Tughall.
"TUGHALL, a township ia Bambrough parish, Northumberland; 9 miles N by E of Aluwick. Acres, 1,790. Pop., 109. Houses, 19. Ruins aro here of a church which was connected with Lindisfarne priory."
Description from John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, Vol 6, 1872