Topics > Northumberland > Brunton (Embleton) > Brunton Airfield (1942 - 2004)

Brunton Airfield (1942 - 2004)


Brunton Airfield was established in 1942 and used for training fighter pilots in World War 2. After the war it was used as a civil airfield and was home to the Borders Parachute Centre. The airfield closed in 2004. See: Aerial view.

Brunton (Embleton) War in the Air Historic Buildings and Monuments in Beadnell Civil Parish Tughall
from Geograph (geograph)
Building on the Disused Brunton Airstrip

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.nelsam.org.uk/NE...
Brunton Airfield
- "Brunton opened in summer 1942 as a satellite field for Milfield for the training of single seat fighter pilots. Approval for the requisition of land had been given during March ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Tughall
  Co-Curate Page
Tughall
- Overview Map Street View Tughall is a small rural village in the parish of Beadnell in Northumberland. It is located just over a mile from the coast and about 2 ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES