The White House
The White House (No. 27), Boroughgate, in Appleby-in-Westmorland was built in the early 18th century. The building was acquired by the Lowther Family in 1753. The house was remodelled in 1754 for John Robinson, an attorney and business associate of the Lowther family. From 1764-1765 it was considerably extended by John Robinson. The White House is a Grade II* listed building on the National Heritage List for England.