The Old Vicarage
The Old Vicarage in Ovingham dates from the 15th century, with 17th and 19th century additions. The house was once a cell of Hexham Abbey. The first vicarage at Ovingham was a pele tower. It stood on the site of the present vicarage and was rebuilt three times, after being destroyed in Scottish raids in 1293, 1312 and 1316. Thomas Bewick was educated in the vicarage and St Mary's Church, and is buried in the churchyard at St Mary's. The Old Vicarage is a Grade II* Listed building.