Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Ovingham Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Ovingham

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Ovingham


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Ovingham Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
3, Bridge End 1044982 II C17th  
Church of St Mary 1044940  I C11th  
Footbridge 1044945 II C18th Packhorse bridge over Whittle Burn 
Garden Terraces C 15 Yards South of Ovingham Vicarage 1044946 II C17th  
Garden Wall and Gateways C 20 Yards North of Ovingham Vicarage 1370473 II ? Possibly medieval and C19
Gatepiers C 2 Yards South-West of Ovingham Vicarage 1303759 II C17th  
K6 Telephone Kiosk to North of Village Well 1252293 II c.1935  
Memorial to Isaac Jackson C30 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1370470 II 1862 Obelisk
Monument to Catherine Lumley C30 Yards South-West of Church of St Mary 1044943 II 1795  
Monument to Dorothy Heslop C10 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1044942 II 1793  
Monument to John Newton 1 Yard South of Church of St Mary 1044944 II 1757  
Monument to John Wormald C30 Yards West of Church of St Mary 1370471 II 1874  
Monuments to Bewick Family C30 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1044941 II 1813  
Mount Huly Farmhouse and Attached Farmbuildings 1044983 II C18th  
Ovingham War Memorial 1439652 II 1919  
The Old Vicarage 1370472  II* C15th  
The Village Cross 1303816 II C18th  
Village Well 1044947 II C18th  

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Church of St. Mary
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Mary
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St Mary the Virgin is the Parish Church in Ovingham, notable for it's 11th century Anglo-Saxon tower. There are fragments of an Anglo-Saxon ...
The Old Vicarage
  Co-Curate Page
The Old Vicarage
- Overview Map Street View The Old Vicarage in Ovingham dates from the 15th century, with 17th and 19th century additions. The house was once a cell of Hexham Abbey.[1] The ...
Packhorse Bridge over Whittle Burn
  Co-Curate Page
Packhorse Bridge over Whittle Burn
Village Cross
  Co-Curate Page
Village Cross
Village Pant
  Co-Curate Page
Village Pant

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES