Topics > Carlisle > Currock > The Rock (former Currock Inn), Carlisle

The Rock (former Currock Inn), Carlisle

The Rock is a public house, previously known as 'The Currock', located at the junction of Robinson Avenue and Boundary Road in Currock, Carlisle. It was built in 1899 as 'The Currock Hotel'. Hovever, it did not open until 1903, due to a dispute with the local temperance movement and the licencing authority. It was taken under the State Management Scheme in August 1916.[1] The pub, then known as 'The Currock Inn', was part of a substantial lot sold to Greenall Whitley in April 1973.  It reopened in July 2019 after period of closure and is now named 'The Rock'.

Currock 1899 State Management of Public Houses (1916 - 1971) Public Houses
from Geograph (geograph)
The Currock public house

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Currock, Boundary Road, Carlisle - March 2017 (1)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Benchmark on The Currock pub

Pinned by Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

Post code: CA2 4HH
Unitary Auth: Cumberland
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY40585444


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.