The Border Minstrel, Gosforth Park
Border Minstrel public house is located in Gosforth Park, to the north west of Brandling House. It was built in 1757 as an ancillary pavilion to the country house. It was later a hotel before becoming a public house. It was built by James Paine for Charles and Elizabeth Brandling (inscribed 'CBE' on it's rainwater head). The building is Grade II* listed on the National Heritage list for England.